JEE Main is national level competitive test for admission to various undergraduate engineering and architecture courses in National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs), Central Government/State Government Funded Institutions, and Many States/Institutes use JEE (MAIN) -2018 ranks to fill seats through their own Seat Allocation Process. CBSE has announced the JEE Main 2018 Exam Dates, the offline test will be conducted on April 8, whereas the computer-based test will be conducted on April 15 and 16, 2018.
Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has updated following two changes in the JEE structure from 2017:-
- There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination.
- For the applicants to be eligible for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and also such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE (Advanced)/JEE(Main) scores, they should have secured a minimum of 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
JEE Main 2018 Important Dates:
Jee Main 2018 Application last date ended on January 1, 2018. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced important dates for JEE Main 2018. JEE Main 2018 offline test will be conducted on April 8, whereas the computer-based test will be conducted on April 15 and 16, 2018. Aspirants appearing for JEE Main 2018, this important dates will help you stay updated and not missing out on any important event related to the exam.
|JEE Main 2018 Events||Date|
|Application process starts from||December 1, 2017|
|Last Date To Apply||January 1, 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Admit Card Download||Second week of March 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Offline Exam Paper 1 & 2||April 8, 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Online Exam Paper 1 & 2||April 15 & 16, 2018 – Paper 1-(9:30 a.m -12:30 p.m)
Paper 2- (2:00 p.m -5:00 p.m)
|JEE Main 2018 Answer Key||April 24-27, 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 challenges of Answer Keys||April 27, 2018(11:59 P.M)|
|JEE Main Paper 1 2018 Result||April 30, 2018|
|JEE Main Paper 2 2018 Result||May 31, 2018|
|AIR (All India Ranks) declaration||April 30, 2018|
|JEE Main rank card||After announcement of AIR of JEE Main -2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Counselling JoSAA 2018||June 2018|
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern:
Aspirants appearing for JEE Main 2018 can opt for Pen & Paper based test or Computer-based test. Paper 1 is Objective type and Paper 2 is a Subjective type, time duration for each paper is 3 hours. Each correct answer credits 4 marks, the wrong answer deducts 1 marks and, 0 marks for the un-attempted question.
The examination consists of two papers:-
- Paper 1 for B.E./B.Tech courses
- Paper 2 for B.Arch courses.
**A candidate can opt for any or both the papers.
**Candidates attempting Paper 1 can select one of the two modes of writing the test.
1) Pen & paper
Subject wise weightage for JEE Main Paper 1:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
Subject wise weightage for JEE Main Paper 2:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
JEE Main 2018 Syllabus:
JEE Main 2018 Mathematics Syllabus:-
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
JEE Main 2018 Physics Syllabus:-
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
JEE Main 2018 Chemistry Syllabus:-
- Some Basic concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and Process of Isolation of Metals
- s – Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- p – Block Elements
- d – and f – Block Elements
- Co-ordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
JEE Main 2018 Aptitude Test B.Arch/B.Planning Syllabus:-
JEE Main 2018 Admit Card:
JEE Main 2018 Admit Card will be released by CBSE in the second week of March, aspirants can download JEE Main 2018 Admit Card till the counseling process. For downloading Admit Card students needs to enter their application number, date of birth and security pin. JEE Main 2018 Admit Card will be available online only, CBSE will not send Admit Card individually to any applicants.
Steps for Downloading JEE Main 2018 Admit Card:
- Step 1: Click here JEE Main 2018 Admit Card. This will take you to the JEE Main webpage.
- Step 2: Enter JEE Main 2018 Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin.
- Step 3: Click on Submit Button.
- Step 4: Check your Admit Card.
- Step 4: Ensure all the details are correct before taking a print out.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Schedule:
CBSE has announced the JEE Main 2018 Exam Dates, the offline test will be conducted on April 8, whereas the computer-based test will be conducted on April 15 and 16, 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Offline Exam Schedule:
JEE Main 2018 Offline Examination will be held on 8th of April, 2018 for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
|Date Of Exam||08-04-2018||08-04-2018|
|Paper||Paper 1 (B.E./B. Tech.)||Paper 2 (B. Arch./B. Planning)|
|Subject||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Mathematics – Part I Aptitude Test – Part II & Drawing Test – Part III|
|Duration||3 Hours||3 Hours|
JEE Main 2018 Online Exam Schedule:
JEE Main 2018 Online Examination will be held on 15th & 16th of April, 2018 for Paper 1.
|Date Of Exam||15-04-2018||16-04-2018|
|Paper||Paper 1 (B.E./B. Tech.)||Paper 1 (B.E./B. Tech.)|
|Subject||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics|
|Duration||3 Hours||3 Hours|
Note: There may be a second shift from 14:00 to 17:00. If Required.
JEE Main 2018 Answer Key:
A-Z Shiksha will provide JEE Main 2018 Answer Key after the exam. CBSE will officially release JEE Main 2018 Answer Key on 24th of April. Aspirants who are not satisfied with the captured response may challenge by filling the online application form and paying a sum of Rs.1000/- per question from 24th to 27th of April.
JEE Main 2018 Result & Rank Card:
CBSE will release score and rank of Paper-I of JEE Main 2018 for all candidates will be declared by 30th April 2018. This score shall comprise the actual marks obtained in Paper-I of JEE (Main) – 2018 along with the status of those who qualify for appearing in JEE Advanced 2018.
Check JEE Main 2018 Result:-
- Step 1: Click on the link provided on the official website https://jeemain.nic.in to get access to the JEE Main Result portal.
- Step 2: Enter Your Roll Number and Date Of Birth.
- Step 3: Click on Submit Button, a window will open your Result Page.
- Step 4: Check your Score and Rank, Download the Rank Card.
- Step 5: Aspirants will also know their qualifying status for JEE Advanced 2018 through their rank card.
JEE Main 2018 Cut Off:
CBSE will release JEE Main 2018 Cut Off on 30th of April along with the JEE Main 2018 Result. There will be 2 Cut Off one for JEE Advanced 2018 eligibility and another for JAB which will release JEE Main 2018 cutoff for admission to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs).
JEE Main 2018 Cut Off Depends On:
- The number of applications received for JEE Main 2018.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- Performance of the candidates.
- Previous year cutoff trends of JEE Main.
JEE Main 2017 Cut off Trends:
JEE Main 2018 Rank Predictor:
JEE Main 2018 Rank Predictor will help aspirants to know their Rank after the Exam. Rank Vs Marks is based on last year analysis of Score Vs Rank.
|JEE Main 2018 Score||JEE Main 2018 Rank|
JEE Main 2018 Counselling:
Applicants who have qualified the JEE Main 2018 Exam will participate in the counseling process. JoSAA will conduct online allocation of seats based on the applicant’s All India Rank in JEE Main 2018, category, availability of seats and other factors. Post seat allocation, the applicants will have to report to their allotted Institute for document verification and fee payment. JoSAA conducts counseling process for admission in IIITs, IITs, NITs, and CFTs.
Documents for Verification:
- 3 Passport Size Photographs.
- Date of Birth Proof.
- JEE Main 2018 Admit Card.
- JEE Main 2018 Result.
- Seat Allotment Letter.
- Photo Identity Card
- Proof of Seat Acceptance Fee Payment
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)